Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cheap CVS trip

I wanted to add a photo to my Christmas cards, and I still had some free 4x6 prints in my CVS account, so I decided to use it as an opportunity to possibly roll my ECBs from a couple of weeks ago.

I am making an effort to see how much stuff, that I will use and/or need, for the cheapest amount of money out of my pocket. I'm talking about utilizing coupons and ECBs to keep the amount of cash I use to pay to a minimum.

I needed to pick up the pictures so I could get my Christmas cards out (I know I'm late on getting these out, but better late than never), so I browsed through this week's ad to see what I could come up with.

Here's what I came up with:
1 Schick Quattro Titanium Trimmer: $7.99 - $2 MQ
2 Johnson & Johnson First Aid Kit: $.99 x 2 - $3/2 MQ (coupon was adjusted down to $2.97)
1 CVS Lip Balm: $.99
Used $5.99 ECB
TOTAL OOP: $.45 (which is the amount of the sales tax)

The receipt shows:
Subtotal: .00
Sales Tax: .45
TOTAL: .45

I think that's why the $3 coupon was adjusted to $2.97 to cover the sales tax.

I also earned a $3 ECB. I still have 2 ECBs left from my last trip that I have to use soon.

No comments: