Monday, July 14, 2008

Shopping Saturday

Okay, so I lied in my Frugal Friday post about not shopping this weekend. Turns out, I needed dog food, so a shopping I did go.

As I was cleaning this weekend I ran across a $10 CVS gift card I had redeemed from MyPoints. Since I technically would not be spending any of MY money, and I couldn't let the dog starve, I decided to see what I could do to get some ECBs because I am going to need to get diapers/pull ups really soon. And I did really well!

Here are my freebies:




It's not a lot, but it was free. Here's how and the rest of my trip:

Olay Regenerist moist wipes ($5.99) minus $3.00 Mfr coupon and $3.00 CRT = .01 overage
CVS Pantiliners ($.99) minus $1.00 CRT = .01 overage
2 cans of Pringles (2 for $2.00) - treats for my girls as a reward to being good while shopping
5 cans of dog food @ $.99

Total after tax: $7.63 (on gift card)

Earned: $1.99 in ECBs
BONUS: $8.50 ECBs for Spring Spending.

I have a $2.00 ECB from previous purchase so I have $12.49 in ECBs for diapers and to roll over and earn more ECBs.

No comments: